Sunday 26 January 2014

Wedding Day (Part 2) The day in the eyes of a bride

the bride enters music

Ok I don't know how to put music on my blog, but click the link at the top, press play (after skipping the advert) come back and read my blog while the music is playing :)

Beauty and the beast instrumental from the disney wedding's soundtrack, This is what we walked down  the aisle to. I am a huge beauty and the beast fan!!!! Huge. I am surprised I didn't just have a beauty and beast themed wedding....anyway

The music began to play, the doors opened.... ARGH TOTAL EXCITEMENT. SO HAPPY, no nervous feelings, I just wanted to run down the aisle, none of this slow walking. (I didn't obviously)

But then I felt as though I went into my own little bubble which didn't pop until later on.
looking back I heard nothing, I didn't hear the music playing, I didn't hear people.
I just saw Dae in front of me with a huge grin. I also grinned. I was smiling like a cheshire cat, that was until I saw my mum, and she was crying.
This set me off, as you can see by the photo's. I didn't want to cry, I didn't expect to cry, I tried to hold it in, which made my face all scrunched up, haha which doesn't make attractive photos.

big grin

big grin

oh oh here I go

Tears

Holding it in

Tried. I even think my dad was about to go. (but shhh don't tell him,)


Reassuring hug


Dry your eyes!

Once I was there with Dae, I was fine as I couldn't see anyone behind me, and so couldn't see people crying, as that would have set me off more.

I didn't know what to do when I got to the front, was I allowed to hold his hand, could we look at each other? lol silly things that I wasn't sure of. In the end I held his hand, after fiddling with my hands for too long.

The registrars began, and the first part was saying 'I DO' I was very premature. Ooopsy. I thought she had finished, so said I do, she carried on talking, then I said it again. haha

Infact I butted in and said my part a few times. I should learn to be patient.
The next part was when it was asked if anyone knows for any reason these two should not get married.
We looked at Megan, as she threatened to say something, or cough.
Hahaha she behaved :)
"don't you dare" :)

:) she didn't

Then we had to do the rings, and I couldn't get Dae's on, so he had to push it on. Whilst I was trying to tell him "They said I had to put it on where it will go and hold it as though I had put it on, and you can push it on later" haha try whispering that to a guy who never listens. So he put it on.
best man getting the rings


We then had my little sister do her reading. Which everyone loved.

"We are all a little weird, and life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love...
Today you're getting married; some say you're getting wed
There's crowds of people in our house, and strangers in my bed!
We had to get up early, take breakfast altogether
Allowed to have the TV on to listen to the weather
Shower time was hectic, should have seen the queue
Girls were taking twice as long and air was turning blue
Hair was being straightened, perfume being sprayed
Nails were being painted, the boys of course delayed
Lots of make-up, lots of shoes, sparkles in the hair
Pretty cards and parcels, flowers everywhere
Everyone had new clothes, Dae even wore a suit
Kara is looking stunning, and I look kinda cute
Lots of photos lots of fuss, what's it all about?
These two are forever, of that I have no doubt!"

Thanks Emma, Best reading ever and very apt for us :)

   We were then pronounced man and wife, and we kissed.Now that is nothing new.
But everyone had said "Kara and David Kiss? they never kiss" This was the first of many that day. Everyone had said they had never seen us kiss, and never ever wanted to ever again after the wedding day, there was far too much. Hahaha. We are not a kissy couple in public, and around other's we don't feel the need to. We've been together to long for that.

But we had finally done it, we have got married after nearly 12 years together. It was so surreal.

Now the bit I dreaded.
My fella hadn't really had an opinion or an input into the wedding, which was fine by me. But he wanted a specific song playing as we walked out. How could I say no to his one request.

Que the song.....


Oh my!!! This really is it. HAHA what have we done...

No comments:

Post a Comment