Tuesday 14 January 2014

Invitations!!!!

Right I think it is time to talk about the stationery.

Firstly Save the Dates. These were very easy to do. I knew I wanted something simple and straight to the point, so I designed by bauble magnet save the dates.
As I sent them out in January, it was nearly a year before the wedding, I didn't want people to forget about the wedding, so a fridge magnet was the way forward, so everyone could stick it on their fridge and see it daily.

Save the Date magnets is the shape of a christmas bauble.

Now that those were handed out and out of the way it was time to design the Wedding Invites, now this turned into a huge challenge.
I designed a few, which were ok, I designed some which I liked but they didn't quite have the wow factor I was looking for. These were some of the first designs.


I wanted a rustic feel to the invites, as though they had come from santa and printed on old papers. 

But they weren't quite right, not for my invites.

So I designed something similar to the save the dates, with the same font. These were going to be tied together and put into a red santa sack for posting. But again I loved the idea, but the invite still wasn't working for me. It was a bit bland.




So back to the drawing board....



I kept the font as I actually loved it.
Made it abit more fancy than the tied invites with just the wording, by adding images.
They were pretty, just not right.....

I kept designing and designing.


But it wasn't wowing anyone.

So one night around 10pm I was working, and my mum and sister came in the room. I showed them what I had done, and they basically said take everything off, it's too much, keep the reindeer if you must and maybe just the star...

Really??? You want it blank...

I did it blank... I added glitter, I added ribbon and a snowflake crystal to finish it off.
YES... "Take it all off and have it blank'
Why did I not think of this.

A snowy, sparkly, shimmery wedding invite with a touch of red. PERFECT


Now, we had the invite but you can't send an invite like that out in an envelope.
"get a box"
Get a box, and then my mum had the genius idea of putting this material inside, instead of tissue to make it look even prettier.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Now only one thing left, as this isn't giving anyone enough info. We needed an info booklet. Now we set the theme the info booklet was simples. 




This info booklet held the menu, rsvp card, venue details, accommodation a gift list, and how to find us sheet. 

All finished off in a gorgeous box

Invites DONE. Just in time for the posting date I had set.

I think the invites went down a treat, we had some lovely feedback from them. Infact no one wanted to pull out the rsvp sheet of the info booklet, so they let us know via email or text usually. That's got to be a good sign right.

I would have to say that the invites and the cake designs gave me the most hassle, everything else seemed to go smoothly, or was picked easily. Now I know how a bride can turn into a bridezilla with invites, as I have had a few ;)

I think a good invite sets the tone for your wedding. I took this theme all the way through to the day stationery, which I will show you another day. I have work to do hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment