Wednesday 22 January 2014

On the Day Stationery

Ok this might be my last post, before I write about the actual wedding day itself.

Day stationery, What I had...

Table Plan,
Guest Book,
Place Cards,
Table names, - not made from card or paper though
And I think that's it.
But you can have
Order of services / order of days
card boxes - which I don't make, but I bought a special post box for my day.
Favour boxes

For the day stationery design, it was pretty straight forward, just bringing the elements from my invite design into the day.


So my table plan... Oh which we put on a very nice easel, which we bought over in Ireland in August. We had been looking for a normal wooden one and never saw one, and then we found a lovely metal ornate easel and had to have it. even if the table plan completely covered it. It will make a lovely place for a large wedding photo to sit one day





I had bought this frame from the range, before I even knew how many tables I needed.
But as it turned out there were 6 tables and then the top table and we figured the top table didn't need to be on the frame, as we know where we are sat.

So I printed out the inserts to put in the frame, to match my wedding stationery. It seemed a little bland all white. So added the bows and snowflakes on the inserts, and still it wasn't quite right.
So with some velvety red ribbon that I had, I stuck it around the frame and stuck on some large snowflakes, and it was perfect. Just right.
Wedding items need a lot of trial and error before it works, just take your time and your persistence will pay off.

Oh nearly forgot, my tables were named after reindeer, which is why the table place cards were actual reindeer ornaments too. It all makes sense really. :)

What next...

Place Cards...
place card, name setting

The card once you open the envelope

inside the card
We knew what we wanted to do for the place cards. We wanted mini christmas cards.
So the envelope and tag was their place name, but once opened it was a little thank you and christmas card, with a little reminder of what you asked for, menu wise when I gave out invites back in August. As I knew most people would forget. 
No trial and error with this one :)

Guest Book...
Right I don't actually have a photo of my guest book, but it looked a lot like my thank you cards.
sneak peek of the post box too, to collect the cards


The only problem I had with the guest book, is no one knew it was there to write in it :(
Unless I handed it round to people, they didn't seem to notice it. Which I sort of expected.
So what I would suggest to brides who want something a little different, and don't fancy handing a book round all night is get a finger print tree. If I had thought about it sooner, I think that is what I should have done.
finger print tree
This is a finger print tree from another stationer, a friend of mine, Danielle at faithful designs
She draws the tree, and gives you the ink pad colours you want, and guests print their finger prints on the tree as leaves and signs it. It just makes it a little more exciting for guests.
However guest books are still a great idea, to keep messages together :)

Oh what I also made, was personalised wrappers for love hearts and chocolates then put them in little jars on the table, so people could eat them during speeches, or in my sisters case as soon as you sat down :)



I may have missed something here, but I hope not.
If you have any questions about anything, just give me a bell.
My facebook page is www.facebook.com/karasdesigns if you fancy having a look through my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment