Friday 10 January 2014

Bridesmaids

Well picking bridesmaids and the best man was simples, the outfits not so much...

My two sisters and Dae's sister-
Katie, Emma and Megan were to be bridesmaids
And my little brother Jack who is 9 by the way, was to be the best man?
"Why would you want a 9 year old as a best man" I hear you ask.

Well Dae and Jack are bestest buds and Like Jack said "he's known him all of his life" Dae has been in my life longer than my little brother, but when they are together they are inseparable, talking about random things like bugs, spiders and monkeys lol. Dae is a Zoologist and well Jack might be the only one interested. Hahaha I sound like a cruel wife.

Megan, Emma, Jack and Katie.
But remember you don't have to go along with the norm', having Jack as the best man was the best thing. He did a cracking speech, which I will write about another time.

I didn't have a maid of honour or anything, and I didn't put any demands on my bridesmaids, I wanted them, so I didn't have them do things for our wedding, as I think it was our wedding, we decided to have it, not them.

We also didn't have a stag or hen do. It really isn't our thing to go out and get drunk, and to have our last night of freedom? I think it's a bit late after 11 years together. So we had a nice gathering at our house the night before the wedding with some family. x

Now I am rambling...

Ok the dresses.....
These dresses were not what I was after at all, I first thought long red ones, but no I didn't like the usual bridesmaid looking dresses.
So I looked at 50's style dresses in red, which we were going to get made, but we never found the right person or dress style, and then my mum said she could possibly make them.
It took us ages and ages to actually find a dress which we liked, possibly September time.
It wasn't when we stopped looking that we saw these.
I walked into the shop (QUIZ, on the highstreet) just because we were out shopping and I saw the dresses straight away. I knew I wanted them, the top bit matched my dress with the pearls and crystals, and the lace and the champagne colour was christmassy enough.
I Fell in Love and they had a dress to fit even my littlest sister who is only 10 and very slim. :)
Woohoo the dresses bought, the shrugs were bought on the 1st of Jan, so things were coming together

the bridal party

never one to have 'nice' photo's done x
Have fun with the day.

Did any one else have problems with finding dresses? or did you have problems with bridesmaids?

No comments:

Post a Comment